29Eleven is Greenwood’s fellowship of Junior and Senior High youth.
“‘For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'” (Jeremiah 29:11)
We love the Word, Christian fellowship, music, mission and, of course, food. But we especially like visitors and hope you will consider coming to one of our meetings and become a part of our growing fellowship.
We meet on most Sunday nights from 6:00 until 8:00. We are an informal group. All in grades 7 to 12 are welcome; you don’t need to be invited because everyone is invited. Just come out and meet the gang.
Most of our meetings consist of:
- Contemporary Worship (a.k.a. loud Christian music)
- Reflection (on stuff that matters to you)
- Games and Activities (who says you can’t run around in church?)
- Fellowship (a fancy term for hanging out with like-minded friends)
- Food (it wouldn’t be a party without it!)
- Retreats (sleep is over rated)
- Lock-ins (again, sleep is over rated)
- Mission trips (sleep? what?)
- Road trips to concerts, theme parks and the like.
Sure, we like to have fun, but we also take our responsibility seriously. Make no mistake, we are a Christian organization. Our faith, morals, and convictions are non-negotiable.
- Fellowship and friendship with other like-minded youth, generating “positive peer-pressure” to help kids live the kind of lives they want to live in service of God.
- A support system for making Christian choices and resisting temptation in an increasingly secularized society.
- Education in the foundations of the Christian faith, presented in creative and at-times unconventional formats.
- Opportunities to reach out to un-churched and under-churched peers by invitation to a quality and entertaining program.
- Integration into the larger church family through interaction with other church programs and service projects to benefit the church as a whole.
- Opportunities for mentoring with adult youth leaders, building Christian faith and maturity into the workings of their daily lives.
- Teaching in leadership and creativity through participation in program development and execution.
- Coming “face to face with a living Lord” through specially designed worship and study opportunities geared to lay a foundation for a lifetime of vibrant faith: expressed experientially, intellectually, emotionally and willfully in the lives of Greenwood youth and their friends.