The Ministry and Gifts of Deacons
“The office of deacon as set forth in Scripture is one of sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ. Persons of spiritual character, honest repute, exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, warm sympathies, and sound judgment should be chosen for this office.”
–Book of Order, G-6.0401
–Book of Order, G-6.0402
- The office of deacon, as set forth in Scripture is one of sympathy, witness and service after the example of Jesus Christ.
- Deacons are elected and ordained as officers of the church.
- The ministry of Deacons is one of sympathy, witness and service after the example of Jesus Christ.
- Deacons respond to those in crisis or special situations, serving as a “point of contact” for caring response.
- Deacons visit members and associates of the church who are homebound, in nursing homes or in the hospital.
- Deacons support those who have experienced the death of a family member through bereavement ministry by assisting with the memorial service, reception, family care and follow up.
- Deacons help coordinate hospitality and food for special events at the church.
If you need to reach our deacons or are in need of prayer, please call (401) 737-1230 or email us.
Our Board of Deacons